New Year’s Day is the traditional time for resolutions to take effect. Have you made writing and editorial resolutions for your business yet?
If not, then here are some helpful suggestions from the Active Voice blog . . .Resolve to write more clearly, concisely, and accurately.
- Journalists don’t bury the lede, and neither should you.
- Try to use adverbs and adjectives economically.
- Meet a real reader’s writer.
- Remember the denouement? Here’s how to use it at work.
- Turn your interviewees into characters.
- Has passive voice been redeemed?
Resolve to edit your writing for your audiences.
- Put a writer on your product development team.
- Project’s over? That’s the best time to follow up with your client.
Resolve to double-check your facts.
Resolve to get your paper and electronic records under control.
- Use Paperjamming to get control of your files and computer.
- Sometimes even the professionals disagree about what to save.
- Not-so-good news for federal records managers.
- So, you think you know how to manage your e-mail?
- A new ‘ERA’ at the National Archives?
I hope these articles help you have a successful writing and editing year in 2008!