Organization consolidated with Dravet Syndrome Foundation in 2014
To educate, inform, assist, and advocate for the families and caregivers of children with Dravet Spectrum Disorders, a class of rare genetic epilepsies.
As Dravet.org’s Patient Information Specialist, I was responsible for:
- Preparing and disseminating information, news, and educational materials related to Dravet Spectrum Disorders, the organization’s activities, and constituent activities
- Writing, editing, and publishing a biweekly e-newsletter and e-mail blasts
- Maintaining the website’s “News & Events” and “Ask the Expert” sections
- Writing patient education brochures and reports, press releases, advertisements, and other media materials as requested
- Designing graphics for the website, publications, and events
- Preparing and implementing policies and procedures for communications and social media
Since 1960, the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) has inspired global change and supported efforts that generated over $1 trillion. AFP’s nearly 30,000 individual and organizational members raise over $100 billion annually, equivalent to one-third of all charitable giving in North America and millions more around the world.
Features writer for Advancing Philanthropy, the AFP’s quarterly membership magazine. Recent clips:
- “It’s All Relative: How Your Organization and Its Myriad Stakeholders Define and Measure Success,” Fall 2016 (PDF)
- “Once Upon a Time: How Storytelling Can Motivate Donors to Support Your Nonprofit Without Being Asked,” Summer 2016 (PDF)
- “Expect the Unexpected,” Summer 2016 (PDF)
- “Inspiring Better: How Relationship Fundraising Can Win Back Skeptical Donors and Change the Way Fundraisers Think about Approaching Them,” Spring 2016 (PDF)
- “What’s After Next? How Innovative Chief Executives Use Entrepreneurial Techniques to Lead and Motivate Their Staff and Volunteers to Succeed,” Winter 2016 (PDF)
- “The Corner Office — Full Speed Ahead: How Development Directors are Taking a Leadership Role through Vision, Resilience, and Commitment to Mission,” Winter 2016 (PDF)
- “Change for the Better: How CFRE International’s Updated Credential Reflects the Latest Best Practices,” Winter 2016 (PDF)
- “The Domino Effect: How Community Foundations are Teaming Up with One Another and with Local Nonprofits, Businesses, and Government to Innovate Solutions in Their Communities,” Fall 2015 (PDF)
- “Opening the Door: How Detroit’s Grand Bargain Illustrates Collaboration that has Provided New Opportunities, Unique Solutions, and Successful Outcomes,” Fall 2015 (PDF)
- “Deciphering DAFs: How the Simplicity of Donor-Advised Funds May Be Creating Complex Issues for Fundraising Professionals,” Summer 2015 (PDF)
- “See the Light: How a Culture of Philanthropy in Your Organization can Make a Difference in Morale, Board Motivation, and Donor Retention,” Winter 2015 (PDF)
- “More than the Sum of the Parts: What Makes a Fundraiser?” Fall 2014 (PDF)
- “Brilliant Ideas: How to Create an Unforgettable and Successful Event with Multimedia, Community Engagement, and Spotlighting Your Programs,” Summer 2014 (PDF)
- “Not a Money Pit!: How Nonprofits Can Convince Donors and Funders that Outcomes Can Be Achieved More Effectively When They Support Overhead along with Programs,” Spring 2014 (PDF)
Additional and high-resolution clips available upon request.
The official membership magazine of the International Association of Movers magazine, The Portal is the organization’s premier information, advertising, and communications resource.
Wrote feature articles for The Portal magazine.
- “Security, Risk Management, and Your Bottom Line,” vol. XLIII, January/February 2011 (PDF)
- “Supporting Charities, Causes, and Communities,” vol. XLII, January/February 2010 (PDF)
The nation’s largest independent content marketing agency.
Contributing writer to the Summer 2010 issue of Cleveland Clinic Magazine:
The largest monthly travel and leisure tabloid in the Mid-Atlantic, Recreation News offers travel coverage of the Mid-Atlantic, Caribbean destinations, and cruises with a print edition, online edition, weekly radio canada pharmacy no prescription adderall program, and weekly opt-in email blast.
Wrote travel articles on regional recreational interests, including the Southam Award-winning article “Taking it to the Wind: Learning How to Sail” (May 2001).
CFRE International certifies experienced fundraising professionals who aspire to the highest standards of ethics, competence, and service to the philanthropic sector.
Write feature articles for CFRE Connect!, Leading Edge, and Leading Edge Special Edition. Sample issues:
Leading Edge Special Edition:
HEPdata is the industry leader in providing nonprofits with the tools they need to take advantage of corporate matching gift opportunities, serving over 6,000 customers in the United States, Canada, the UK, Australia, and Latin America.
Write, edit, design, and publish a wide purchase generic clonazepam range of print and digital marketing communications, including:
- Match Points, HEPdata’s monthly e-newsletter of news and developments in matching gifts
- White papers
- Blog posts, press releases, and e-mail blasts
Sample Match Points issues:
The Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement
The premier organization for fundraising research, analytics, and relationship management professionals, APRA promotes the value and impact of prospect researchers.
Wrote and edited feature articles for Connections, “the premier information resource for professionals in fundraising research, analytics and relationship management.”
The preeminent organization for security professionals, ASIS seeks to increase the effectiveness and productivity of security professionals through education and training, conferences and programs, advocacy, and outreach.
Active Voice provided design and content for a wide range of promotional and marketing buying ambien online reviews materials, including:
- Membership renewal letters
- Exhibit prospectuses for annual conference and show
- “Save the date” postcards and e-mails for member seminars
- Program narratives, brochures, and advertisements for conferences and seminars
- Abstracts and summaries for the organization’s publications catalog
A provider of quality custom publishing, editorial content delivery, and training services to businesses and nonprofits in the metropolitan Washington, DC, area and internationally.
Provided a wide range of marketing communications and technical writing and editing services to EEI in support of its custom-publishing and technical-communications clients.
For the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER)
Wrote, co-wrote, and edited textbooks and supporting educational materials for NCCER’s comprehensive suite of apprentice-training curricula, including:
- Working closely with project managers and subject matter experts to develop and revise outlines for curricula and chapters
- Developing and revising student learning objectives and performance evaluation criteria
- Researching and writing new content
- Editing and revising existing content
- Writing and editing test questions
- Researching new and replacement figures and artwork
- Writing and editing instructor materials such as lesson plans and PowerPoint decks
- Profiling subject matter experts for biographical features
- Writing chapter descriptors for the NCCER catalog
- Two revisions of the complete NCCER Plumbing curriculum, including Trainee Guides and Annotated Instructor Guides, review and exam questions, Profiles in Success, photo research, and descriptors of each module for the NCCER product catalog
- One revision of the complete Sheet Metal curriculum (same tasks as above)
- One revision of the Core Curriculum, including Trainee Guides and review questions
- Copyediting and proofreading of the following curricula:
- Corrosion Levels 1 and 2 Trainee Guides
- Gas Pipeline Level 1 Trainee Guides
- Pipeline Maintenance Level 2 Trainee Guides
- Electrical & Instrumentation Level 3 Annotated Instructor Guides
- Gas Ops Level 1 Annotated Instructor Guides
- Pipeline curricula (Basic Pipeline Level 1, Pipeline Maintenance Level 1, Pipeline Mechanical Levels 1 and 2, Liquid Pipeline Control Center Operations Level 1, and Liquid Pipeline Field Operations Level 1) Annotated Instructor Guides
For the Association of Fundraising Professionals
Wrote features, news, and profiles for Advancing Philanthropy, the association’s membership magazine.
For Georgetown University
Wrote features, news, and profiles for Georgetown Magazine, the university’s flagship alumni publication.
For EEI Press
As contributing editor to The Editorial Eye, wrote feature articles and profiles on a variety of topics related to the publishing industry.
For the Points of Light Foundation
Wrote a series of press releases and newsletter articles.
For Pegasus Lectures, Incorporated
Wrote text for a tri-fold marketing brochure on the subject of college and fellowship partnership programs, which included:
- Punching up existing text
- Writing new text with proper tone
- Recommending final text layout