To develop and manage medical care contracts with organizations, government programs, and health care providers for over 250,000 plan members.
Perform substantive editing, copyediting, and proofreading of marketing buy ambien in canada collateral for the Marketing & Communications Department, including:
- Annual reports
- Patient guides
- Stacked inserts, brochures, and flyers
- Guides, directories, and handbooks
- Internal planning documents
To support the constituencies of the Whiting School of Engineering and secure financial resources required to fulfill the school’s mission through communications, fund development, and donor stewardship.
- Worked with capital campaign committee to develop ativan no prescription usa documents outlining committee structure, roles, and duties.
- Drafted case statement for planned fundraising campaign for new cancer oncology center.
- Worked with team of JHU fundraisers to prepare a transformational gift strategies report and presentation documents.
WTEC is the national leader in conducting international technology assessments.
Provided a wide range of editorial support services for WTEC’s international technology assessment conferences and proceedings:
- Abstracts and summaries
- Recording and transcription
- Copyediting and substantive editing
- Research and analysis
Provided staff support services for monthly meetings of the Multi-Agency Tissue Engineering Science Interagency Working Group (under WTEC contractor support agreement):
- Recording and preparation of meeting minutes
- Writing and editing website content, designing web pages, and performing site maintenance
- Monitoring science and medical journals, news sites, press releases, and custom search alerts for news of interest; writing and posting abstracts regularly to the working group’s website
- Maintaining the website’s events calendar of upcoming international scientific conferences
On-site reporting duties:
- Preparing and editing meeting summaries
- Writing and editing summaries of international research assessment interim and final meetings
Maryland Writers’ Association
Editor and designer, Pen in Hand. Sample clips:
- Spring 2012 (PDF)
- Winter 2012 (PDF)
- Fall 2011 (PDF)
- Summer 2011 (PDF)
- Spring 2011 (PDF)
- Winter 2011 (PDF) (plus Special Bylaws Supplement (PDF))
Editor, Keyboard in Hand, the MWA newsblog
Canton Community Association
Acting webmaster; features/news editor and writer, Canton Connection Online community newsblog (now defunct) ; Editor, The Canton Connection. Sample clips:
- Summer 2006 (PDF)
- Spring 2006 (PDF)
- Winter 2006 (PDF)
- Fall 2005 (PDF)
- Summer 2005 (PDF)
- Spring 2005 (PDF)
Friends of the Canton Library
As Secretary, drafted meeting minutes, updated and maintained Friends webpage, created marketing materials, and wrote ad copy for fundraising events.
Takoma Park-Silver Spring Food Co-op
Editor, TPSS Cooperative Effort News. Ghostwrote the regular “Comment Corner” and “Featured Employees” columns, plus “Upcoming Events” and other sidebars. Sample clips:
- August/September 2004 (PDF)
- Special Issue, June 2004 (PDF)
- April/May 2004 (PDF)
- February/March 2004 PDF)
- December 2003/January 2004 (PDF)
- October/November 2003 (PDF)
- Special Bylaws Issue, October 2003 (PDF)
- August/September 2003 (PDF)
Paul Lagasse has also been published in Artella: The Waltz of Words and Art, As the Eraser Burns . . . , Aviation History, Bay Weekly, Boys’ Quest, Encyclopedia of American Business History (2005 ed.), HAIlights, HAIpoints, Library Matters (University of Maryland), and Pen in Hand. He has had reviews published on H-Net and The Potomac.
To provide an independent forum for the professional, literary, and scientific understanding of sea power, the advancement of the naval profession, and the preservation of US naval history.
Provide on-site reporting and same-day summary preparation for USNI conferences, including:
Prepare summaries of keynote presentations, individual and panel sessions, including quotes from speakers. Edit summaries and provide same-day turnaround of edited manuscripts for posting on the conference website.
A federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) operated by the Institute for Defense Analyses, STPI provides high-quality research and analysis to the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP), including copyediting, substantive editing, technical writing, and research and analysis.
Provided writing and editorial services to STPI to help it fulfill its research mandate to its clients.
- “Preliminary Findings from the NSF Survey of Object-Based Scientific Collections: 2008” (academia.edu)
Editorial support for reports and publications, including:
- Writing first drafts of sections, chapters, and appendices
- Substantive editing of early drafts
- Proofreading of final drafts
- Preparation and formatting of reference lists
- Development and maintenance of word lists, style guides, and citation formats
- Review of statistical data, charts, tables, and graphics
- Research of source material
- Verification of citations and references
Various on-site reporting and minutes preparation duties, including:
- Preparing and editing meeting summaries and reports for project team meetings
- Writing and editing on-site reports of interagency working group meetings, committee meetings, conferences, and other events
I recently had the pleasure of being the subject of a weekly interview for Write Out Loud, a blog for and about writers by Baltimore-based freelance writer Ami Spencer. Ami asked me to discuss how an academically-trained archivist ended up with a freelancing career, the benefits of participating in local xanax brand xanax generic writing organizations like the Baltimore chapter of the MWA, how I find clients, and my biggest vice (writing-wise, that is).
The interview went live today. You can find it here. Thanks again, Ami! It was fun.