A not-for-profit organization that operates research and development centers sponsored by the federal government, MITRE operates federally funded research and development centers (FFRDCs), which are unique organizations that assist the United States government with scientific research and analysis, development and acquisition, and systems engineering and integration. MITRE also has an independent buy valium online us research program that explores new and expanded uses of technologies to solve its sponsors’ problems.
Write and edit a variety of products for the Office of Corporate Communications and Public Relations, including:
- Monthly program reports
- Award nominations
- News features
- Capability fact sheets
- Project stories:
Global Impact builds partnerships and raises resources that help the world’s most vulnerable people.
Wrote over 40 feature articles for the Global Impact website profiling member charities and providing overviews of humanitarian crises worldwide. Other writing work included profiles of Combined Federal Campaign beneficiaries, a piece for the annual Giving Appeal, and an interview piece for Global Impact’s newsletter that was later repurposed as a web feature. Also edited features for annual reports.. Sample clips:
- “Decline in Measles Deaths an Important Milestone, but Not the End of the Race,” March 2009 (PDF)
- “Project HOPE Celebrates a Heritage of Health Care,” January 2009 (PDF)
- “Political Turmoil, Epidemic Threaten Zimbabwe Aid,” December 2008 (PDF)
- “Fighting the Food Crisis with Sustainable Agriculture,” November 2008 (PDF)
- “Opportunity International Helps the Poor Move from Dependency to Dignity,” May 2008 (PDF)
- “Cyclone Aftermath May Help Member Charities Break Myanmar Stalemate,” May 2008 (PDF)
- “Taking the Sting Out of Malaria,” April 2008 (PDF)
- “Member Charities Struggle to Maintain Lifelines to Embattled Democratic Republic of Congo Region,” February 2008 (PDF)
- “Child-Friendly Spaces Provide Crucial Safe Zones for Refugee Kids,” February 2008 (PDF)
- “International Youth Foundation Helps Young People Close the Hope Gap,” December 2007 (PDF)
Organization consolidated with Dravet Syndrome Foundation in 2014
To educate, inform, assist, and advocate for the families and caregivers of children with Dravet Spectrum Disorders, a class of rare genetic epilepsies.
As Dravet.org’s Patient Information Specialist, I was responsible for:
- Preparing and disseminating information, news, and educational materials related to Dravet Spectrum Disorders, the organization’s activities, and constituent activities
- Writing, editing, and publishing a biweekly e-newsletter and e-mail blasts
- Maintaining the website’s “News & Events” and “Ask the Expert” sections
- Writing patient education brochures and reports, press releases, advertisements, and other media materials as requested
- Designing graphics for the website, publications, and events
- Preparing and implementing policies and procedures for communications and social media
Since 1960, the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) has inspired global change and supported efforts that generated over $1 trillion. AFP’s nearly 30,000 individual and organizational members raise over $100 billion annually, equivalent to one-third of all charitable giving in North America and millions more around the world.
Features writer for Advancing Philanthropy, the AFP’s quarterly membership magazine. Recent clips:
- “It’s All Relative: How Your Organization and Its Myriad Stakeholders Define and Measure Success,” Fall 2016 (PDF)
- “Once Upon a Time: How Storytelling Can Motivate Donors to Support Your Nonprofit Without Being Asked,” Summer 2016 (PDF)
- “Expect the Unexpected,” Summer 2016 (PDF)
- “Inspiring Better: How Relationship Fundraising Can Win Back Skeptical Donors and Change the Way Fundraisers Think about Approaching Them,” Spring 2016 (PDF)
- “What’s After Next? How Innovative Chief Executives Use Entrepreneurial Techniques to Lead and Motivate Their Staff and Volunteers to Succeed,” Winter 2016 (PDF)
- “The Corner Office — Full Speed Ahead: How Development Directors are Taking a Leadership Role through Vision, Resilience, and Commitment to Mission,” Winter 2016 (PDF)
- “Change for the Better: How CFRE International’s Updated Credential Reflects the Latest Best Practices,” Winter 2016 (PDF)
- “The Domino Effect: How Community Foundations are Teaming Up with One Another and with Local Nonprofits, Businesses, and Government to Innovate Solutions in Their Communities,” Fall 2015 (PDF)
- “Opening the Door: How Detroit’s Grand Bargain Illustrates Collaboration that has Provided New Opportunities, Unique Solutions, and Successful Outcomes,” Fall 2015 (PDF)
- “Deciphering DAFs: How the Simplicity of Donor-Advised Funds May Be Creating Complex Issues for Fundraising Professionals,” Summer 2015 (PDF)
- “See the Light: How a Culture of Philanthropy in Your Organization can Make a Difference in Morale, Board Motivation, and Donor Retention,” Winter 2015 (PDF)
- “More than the Sum of the Parts: What Makes a Fundraiser?” Fall 2014 (PDF)
- “Brilliant Ideas: How to Create an Unforgettable and Successful Event with Multimedia, Community Engagement, and Spotlighting Your Programs,” Summer 2014 (PDF)
- “Not a Money Pit!: How Nonprofits Can Convince Donors and Funders that Outcomes Can Be Achieved More Effectively When They Support Overhead along with Programs,” Spring 2014 (PDF)
Additional and high-resolution clips available upon request.
The official membership magazine of the International Association of Movers magazine, The Portal is the organization’s premier information, advertising, and communications resource.
Wrote feature articles for The Portal magazine.
- “Security, Risk Management, and Your Bottom Line,” vol. XLIII, January/February 2011 (PDF)
- “Supporting Charities, Causes, and Communities,” vol. XLII, January/February 2010 (PDF)
The nation’s largest independent content marketing agency.
Contributing writer to the Summer 2010 issue of Cleveland Clinic Magazine:
The largest monthly travel and leisure tabloid in the Mid-Atlantic, Recreation News offers travel coverage of the Mid-Atlantic, Caribbean destinations, and cruises with a print edition, online edition, weekly radio canada pharmacy no prescription adderall program, and weekly opt-in email blast.
Wrote travel articles on regional recreational interests, including the Southam Award-winning article “Taking it to the Wind: Learning How to Sail” (May 2001).
CFRE International certifies experienced fundraising professionals who aspire to the highest standards of ethics, competence, and service to the philanthropic sector.
Write feature articles for CFRE Connect!, Leading Edge, and Leading Edge Special Edition. Sample issues:
Leading Edge Special Edition:
HEPdata is the industry leader in providing nonprofits with the tools they need to take advantage of corporate matching gift opportunities, serving over 6,000 customers in the United States, Canada, the UK, Australia, and Latin America.
Write, edit, design, and publish a wide purchase generic clonazepam range of print and digital marketing communications, including:
- Match Points, HEPdata’s monthly e-newsletter of news and developments in matching gifts
- White papers
- Blog posts, press releases, and e-mail blasts
Sample Match Points issues:
The Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement
The premier organization for fundraising research, analytics, and relationship management professionals, APRA promotes the value and impact of prospect researchers.
Wrote and edited feature articles for Connections, “the premier information resource for professionals in fundraising research, analytics and relationship management.”