A provider of quality custom publishing, editorial content delivery, and training services to businesses and nonprofits in the metropolitan Washington, DC, area and internationally.
Provided a wide range of marketing communications and technical writing and editing services to EEI in support of its custom-publishing and technical-communications clients.
For the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER)
Wrote, co-wrote, and edited textbooks and supporting educational materials for NCCER’s comprehensive suite of apprentice-training curricula, including:
- Working closely with project managers and subject matter experts to develop and revise outlines for curricula and chapters
- Developing and revising student learning objectives and performance evaluation criteria
- Researching and writing new content
- Editing and revising existing content
- Writing and editing test questions
- Researching new and replacement figures and artwork
- Writing and editing instructor materials such as lesson plans and PowerPoint decks
- Profiling subject matter experts for biographical features
- Writing chapter descriptors for the NCCER catalog
- Two revisions of the complete NCCER Plumbing curriculum, including Trainee Guides and Annotated Instructor Guides, review and exam questions, Profiles in Success, photo research, and descriptors of each module for the NCCER product catalog
- One revision of the complete Sheet Metal curriculum (same tasks as above)
- One revision of the Core Curriculum, including Trainee Guides and review questions
- Copyediting and proofreading of the following curricula:
- Corrosion Levels 1 and 2 Trainee Guides
- Gas Pipeline Level 1 Trainee Guides
- Pipeline Maintenance Level 2 Trainee Guides
- Electrical & Instrumentation Level 3 Annotated Instructor Guides
- Gas Ops Level 1 Annotated Instructor Guides
- Pipeline curricula (Basic Pipeline Level 1, Pipeline Maintenance Level 1, Pipeline Mechanical Levels 1 and 2, Liquid Pipeline Control Center Operations Level 1, and Liquid Pipeline Field Operations Level 1) Annotated Instructor Guides
For the Association of Fundraising Professionals
Wrote features, news, and profiles for Advancing Philanthropy, the association’s membership magazine.
For Georgetown University
Wrote features, news, and profiles for Georgetown Magazine, the university’s flagship alumni publication.
For EEI Press
As contributing editor to The Editorial Eye, wrote feature articles and profiles on a variety of topics related to the publishing industry.
For the Points of Light Foundation
Wrote a series of press releases and newsletter articles.
For Pegasus Lectures, Incorporated
Wrote text for a tri-fold marketing brochure on the subject of college and fellowship partnership programs, which included:
- Punching up existing text
- Writing new text with proper tone
- Recommending final text layout