A federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) operated by the Institute for Defense Analyses, STPI provides high-quality research and analysis to the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP), including copyediting, substantive editing, technical writing, and research and analysis.
Provided writing and editorial services to STPI to help it fulfill its research mandate to its clients.
- “Preliminary Findings from the NSF Survey of Object-Based Scientific Collections: 2008” (academia.edu)
Editorial support for reports and publications, including:
- Writing first drafts of sections, chapters, and appendices
- Substantive editing of early drafts
- Proofreading of final drafts
- Preparation and formatting of reference lists
- Development and maintenance of word lists, style guides, and citation formats
- Review of statistical data, charts, tables, and graphics
- Research of source material
- Verification of citations and references
Various on-site reporting and minutes preparation duties, including:
- Preparing and editing meeting summaries and reports for project team meetings
- Writing and editing on-site reports of interagency working group meetings, committee meetings, conferences, and other events