Under contract with Lockheed Martin
OVW: Provides federal leadership in developing the national capacity to reduce violence against women and administer justice for and strengthen services to victims of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking.
OJP: provides innovative leadership to federal, state, local, and tribal justice systems, by disseminating state-of-the art knowledge and practices across America, and by providing grants for the implementation of these crime-fighting strategies.
Perform a variety of roles to assist in the review of grant applications by peer-review panels, including:
- Record and edit consensus comments for in-person meetings
- Facilitate teleconference sessions
- Host and take notes for online meetings via teleconference and Adobe Connect
- Write, copyedit, and proofread summary reports of meetings
WTEC is the national leader in conducting international technology assessments.
Provided a wide range of editorial support services for WTEC’s international technology assessment conferences and proceedings:
- Abstracts and summaries
- Recording and transcription
- Copyediting and substantive editing
- Research and analysis
Provided staff support services for monthly meetings of the Multi-Agency Tissue Engineering Science Interagency Working Group (under WTEC contractor support agreement):
- Recording and preparation of meeting minutes
- Writing and editing website content, designing web pages, and performing site maintenance
- Monitoring science and medical journals, news sites, press releases, and custom search alerts for news of interest; writing and posting abstracts regularly to the working group’s website
- Maintaining the website’s events calendar of upcoming international scientific conferences
On-site reporting duties:
- Preparing and editing meeting summaries
- Writing and editing summaries of international research assessment interim and final meetings
To provide an independent forum for the professional, literary, and scientific understanding of sea power, the advancement of the naval profession, and the preservation of US naval history.
Provide on-site reporting and same-day summary preparation for USNI conferences, including:
Prepare summaries of keynote presentations, individual and panel sessions, including quotes from speakers. Edit summaries and provide same-day turnaround of edited manuscripts for posting on the conference website.
A federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) operated by the Institute for Defense Analyses, STPI provides high-quality research and analysis to the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP), including copyediting, substantive editing, technical writing, and research and analysis.
Provided writing and editorial services to STPI to help it fulfill its research mandate to its clients.
- “Preliminary Findings from the NSF Survey of Object-Based Scientific Collections: 2008” (academia.edu)
Editorial support for reports and publications, including:
- Writing first drafts of sections, chapters, and appendices
- Substantive editing of early drafts
- Proofreading of final drafts
- Preparation and formatting of reference lists
- Development and maintenance of word lists, style guides, and citation formats
- Review of statistical data, charts, tables, and graphics
- Research of source material
- Verification of citations and references
Various on-site reporting and minutes preparation duties, including:
- Preparing and editing meeting summaries and reports for project team meetings
- Writing and editing on-site reports of interagency working group meetings, committee meetings, conferences, and other events